Is cb-geo support two phase material point method

hello, I am wondering whether cb-geo is aviliable to solve double layer material pointe method. Cause I failed found the features in guidance. But in github, it seems cb-geo can solve two layer MPM.
Thank you in advance!

Hi @Yihao-Shi,

Correct, there are solver/two-phase-explicit and solver/two-phase-semi-implicit branches in CB-Geo but there is no guidance for double point in the documentation.

Note: I think these are 2-phase 1-point MPM, not 2-phase 2-point MPM.

Since the branches have not been merged into develop, the features have not gone through the full review process (and subsequently might not properly interact with the rest of the features in develop). For example, towards the bottom of this PR #680, I notice there are some bugs reported when using MPI parallelization with the explicit solver.

It seems the latest comment on the PR is from about 20 months ago. Not sure the future plans for this feature.

CB-Geo PR #680 references benchmark PR #19. Perhaps you will be able to:

• clone the CB-Geo/mpm repo
  • checkout the solver/two-phase-explicit branch
  • use the input files from the unmerged benchmark to get 2-phase 1-point running locally

BE WARNED:

• AS MENTIONED ABOVE, THE 2-PHASE FEATURES IN THESE BRANCHES HAVE NOT BEEN VERIFIED!
  • THE solver/two-phase-explicit BRANCH IS ABOUT 50 COMMITS BEHIND develop. THESE COMMITS LIKELY INCLUDE SOME IMPORTANT BUG FIXES!

Good luck!